Festival of Lights
Celebration and Festival of Lights
Saturday, Dec. 16, 2017
Ever wish Christmas still held that sense of wonder and awe? We hope you’ll recapture those memories and make some new ones with the Carter family this year at Newell Lodge.
This year, we’re hosting “A Country Christmas” Celebration and Festival of Lights on Saturday, Dec. 16, from 6-11 p.m. We’re getting ready for sleigh bells and fun!
This family style event is suitable for all ages who are ready to ring in the Christmas season. You’ll enjoy:
- Thousands of twinkling lights outline the landscape, a beautiful live oak grove setting
- disc jockey Brian Rauls of Under Pressure Sound & Productions will provide festive soundtracks for hoe-down style country dancing
- marshmallow roasting and hot chocolate by the fire for children aged 12 and under
- complimentary family photos taken on guests’ devices in front of the Lodge Christmas tree
- festival style foods and hot beverages will be available from the concession stand
- and more! Expect a few surprises!
Of course, the guest of honor is Santa Claus. He will be available for children to have their photo taken with him on the exact wagon the reindeer have pulled through the Swamp for generations!
We’ll also have a warm, kid-friendly activities space just in case it’s too nippy for the wee ones.
“A Country Christmas” Celebration and Festival of Lights will be Saturday, Dec. 16, from 6-11 p.m. at Newell Lodge, 661 Ozzie Rowell Road (try ‘Firehouse Road’ on GPS). Admission is $5 per person at the gate; children 12 and under receive complimentary marshmallows for roasting and their choice of hot chocolate or hot cider. Email [email protected] for more information, or call Newell Lodge at (912) 496-2838.